Florence Urban Adventures
Day tours, with a local
Our fun, informative, and unique Florence tours will introduce you to the rich culture, history, and local life in Florence. Our Florence tours lead you off the tourist trail to taste fresh local Tuscan products, meet local produce growers, and experience the most authentic food spots in the city.
Our Florence tours are a great way to begin your travels in Florence, with an indulgent foodie walk, a local market tour, and a classy aperitivo walk to introduce you to authentic local life in the city. From bakeries and gelato shops to wine bars and artisan cheese, we’re confident you’ll fall just as in love with Florence as we are.
Italy does a mean cured meat, bread, and cheese combo. Find out for yourself on this Florence tour filled with the good stuff, namely: vino, porchetta , ricotta, mozzarella, and other items of cheesy goodness.more...
Florence Foodies Walk
from 8 reviews
From EUR 60.00
Truffles. Gelato. Chianti. Olive Oil. All the essentials of the food pyramid are included on this Florence tour. Leave the diet at home and embrace the feast that is Florence.more...
Aperitivo Time! Florence Wine Tour
from 3 reviews
From EUR 70.00
Pre-dinner drinks are an institution in these parts. Ahhhh Italia, you have our hearts! Join this Florence tour to say 'salute' to Italy's traditional wine o' clock... with a chianti of course!more...
Florence Private Tour
Love the look of our Florence tours, but feel like customising them to make exactly the tour you're looking for? Well, you're in the right place.
Put our team of local experts to work to build the perfect itinerary just for you. You can include some of the components of our regular tours, or none at all. This is your tour - so make it your own! If you're not sure, we've got plenty of ideas for what you might want to include. If you let our team of expert locals know your interests, they will come up with all kinds of things!more...
March (Easter Sunday) - Explosion of the Carriage
[ 20/04/2015 ]
Every Easter Sunday at noon the City celebrates the explosion of the carriage in front of the Cathedral in the Piazza del Duomo, a ceremony that dates back to the First Crusade in 1096.
The International Hand Crafts Trade Fair
Place: Fortezza del Basso, Florence - [ 24/04/2015 - 01/05/2015 ]
Admire a selection of ancient florentine artisans, Italian handcrafts as well as unique handcrafts from the whole worldJune 14, 15, 24 - Historical Soccer ‘Calcio Storico’
[ 14/06/2015 - 24/06/2015 ]
This ‘no-rules’ soccer match is played in the oldest soccer field in the world.more events...
The Italian Language
more... more stories...
03 Apr 2015 Linda, our guide, was wonderful She communicated with me several times after I booked and before I arrived to make sure everything was all set. The tour itself was terrific - great food choices in a variety of settings. She offered lots of information - everything from history to culture to fun insider info. She was excellent and so was the experience!
29 Oct 2014 It was fantastic, Linda our tour guide was so nice and had an amazing knowledge of Florence and it's many foodies places. So much food, no room for dinner and the gelato was the best I have eaten. Everyone should do it..
04 Sep 2014 Aperitivo Time! Florence Wine Tour was fantastic!
13 Aug 2014 Linda was a fantastic guide, so knowledgeable. We had a fantastic afternoon experiencing the best gelato, cheese, wine, truffle oil, balsamic, ham, chocolate etc. It did not feel like we were out and about for nearly 3 hours. We learned a lot about how to look closely at labels for good oil, wine and vinegar. Also learned a good tip about spotting 'real' gelato. It was good to visit some of the smaller authentic places. Loved the Grana Market. It was a real pleasure being in Linda's company enjoying local produce. The best part of our holiday!
03 Aug 2014 My boyfriend and I, joined by another couple, took the Florence Foodies Walk on 17th July 2014. Our guide was Natale, a Florentine local who took us for tastings of gelato (honestly, some of the best I've ever eaten - and believe me, I've eaten a lot!), wine, cheese, cured meat, balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Natale exudes a quiet, but undeniably passionate love for Florence and its exceptional food and wine. We felt very privileged to join him on this tour and gain a glimpse into some wonderfully authentic, local vendors. We had but one day in Florence, and we're very glad to have spent our afternoon discovering delicious foods with Natale rather than sweating it out in the heat with the huge crowds! Natale also set us up for a fantastic evening with a really great local dinner recommendation after the tour. All in all, we were very happy to have dipped into Florence's food culture with Urban Adventures!
28 Jul 2014 Linda was an excellent guide who was kind, enthusiastic and extremely knowledgeable
18 Jun 2014 This was my first tour when I arrived in Florence. Linda was a fantastic guide. She was great to talk to and was very knowledgeable about her city, the food, and wine. If I ever find myself back in Florence, I would definitely go on the Apertivo Time! Florence Wine tour again. It was that much fun!!
01 May 2014 Our guide Linda was fabulous and she was originally from our home town so we had a lot of laughs. Linda was so knowledgable and easy to listen to. She took us to some wonderful local establishments, explaining the culture and stories behind each one. Loved, loved our tour. And now we are gelato experts we are very fussy we we get it from lol.
30 Mar 2014 This is the "must do" trip to take on your first day in Florence. We had a fantastic introduction to the places to go and what to ask for. Our guide Linda was extremely passionate about Florence, it's food, cultures and the people of Florence. Thank you Linda for firing us up for the rest of our trip, we did manage to get back to quite a lot of the places we visited and my wife has now discovered her love of truffle!! And the cheese and chocolate combination gelati was awesome! We will certainly make sure we do one of these trips where ever we go in the world.
Florence Urban Adventures introduces you to local culture and traditions. Join us on a Florence tour, where we take you off-the-beaten-path to authentic, local places.
Feels like: 16°C
Passing clouds. Refreshingly cool.
Sign up now and get $10 off your next tour!
At Urban Adventures, we firmly believe local travel is one of the best ways we can support responsible tourism. In fact, we believe it so strongly that we’ve made it our entire business! All our tours are run by local experts, not some faceless corporate team located halfway around the world with no sense of the local vibe.
We craft our tours to ensure every traveller has authentic interactions with local people, businesses, transportation, and food and drink. Local travel gives you the opportunity to experience a destination as locals do, and has the potential to impact you in ways you never imagined. In short: local is awesome.
As a responsible travel company, we promise to:
- Use locally owned infrastructure on our tours whenever possible.
- Spread the financial benefits amongst local people and operators.
- Provide employment and leadership opportunities for local people.
- Respect local customs and culture.
- Provide safe tours for Urban Adventure partners, staff, and travellers.
- Educate travellers and our partners about how and why we choose to travel this way.
- Limit any negative impact to the daily lifestyles of local people.
- Limit any physical impact on natural and cultural environments.
- Provide support to organisations and local communities.
- Provide opportunities for travellers to interact with local people.
- Actively ban partners, staff, and passenger participation in or endorsement of commercial sexual activities or illegal drug use on Urban Adventures tours.
- Work to prevent the exploitation of children in tourism.
- Actively discourage participation in activities that exploit animals.
- Use local partners that adhere to Urban Adventures' responsible travel principles.
- Support and encourage fair employment practices.
- Give our travellers the best possible value.
- Have fun!
As a traveller, we ask that you keep the following in mind:
- People: Be mindful of the local citizens, and seek understanding through shared experiences. Consider their customs and values while in their homeland, and when in doubt, ask your guide for advice.
- Environment: Be mindful of the local environment, and act with conservation and sustainability in mind. Follow local guidelines, as recommended by your guide, and make proactive decisions on your own.
- Culture: When travelling to other cultures, remember that not everyone's customs are the same as yours at home. Be respectful, and be mindful of openly questioning a customary practice, even if you disagree with it. Try to understand from their perspective. You may learn something! Your guide will be an excellent point of reference here, so check with them if you're unsure.
- Economy: Make every effort to use local businesses and put your tourism dollars in the right (local) pocket. We use local vendors and businesses, and your guide will be able to advise you on the best ways to support the local economy.