- INTRODUCTION TO MARKET TOUR
Hop off the tourist trail and explore Florence’s beloved markets on this Market Tour. Taste fresh local Tuscan products, meet local growers, and enjoy an authentic local experience of Florence’s markets.
- INTRODUCTION TO FLORENCE FOODIE WALK
The perfect tour to begin your travels inFlorence, the Foodie Walk explores some of the best hidden secrets of the historical city centre. Experience some of the most authentic bakeries, gelato shops, wine bars, and more, with a knowledgeable and passionate local guide.
- INTRODUCTION TO APERTIVO WALK
Wind down from your busy day of touring museums and galleries on our Aperitivo Walk. Enjoy a glass of wine or two and learn about the famous Tuscan wines from Chianti Classico to Brunello di Montalcino, paired with delicious local cheese and prosciutto.
Length: 2 hours From EUR 50.00
Italy does a mean cured meat, bread, and cheese combo. Find out for yourself on this Florence tour filled with the good stuff, namely: vino, porchetta , ricotta, mozzarella, and other items of cheesy goodness.
Florence Foodies Walk
from 8 reviews
Length: 2.5 hours From EUR 60.00
Truffles. Gelato. Chianti. Olive Oil. All the essentials of the food pyramid are included on this Florence tour. Leave the diet at home and embrace the feast that is Florence.
Aperitivo Time! Florence Wine Tour
from 3 reviews
Length: 2.5hours From EUR 70.00
Pre-dinner drinks are an institution in these parts. Ahhhh Italia, you have our hearts! Join this Florence tour to say 'salute' to Italy's traditional wine o' clock... with a chianti of course!
Florence Private Tour
Length: 8 hours
Love the look of our Florence tours, but feel like customising them to make exactly the tour you're looking for? Well, you're in the right place.
Put our team of local experts to work to build the perfect itinerary just for you. You can include some of the components of our regular tours, or none at all. This is your tour - so make it your own! If you're not sure, we've got plenty of ideas for what you might want to include. If you let our team of expert locals know your interests, they will come up with all kinds of things!
Florence Urban Adventures introduces you to local culture and traditions. Join us on a Florence tour, where we take you off-the-beaten-path to authentic, local places.
Feels like: 12°C
Passing clouds. Refreshingly cool.
Sign up now and get $10 off your next tour!
At Urban Adventures, we firmly believe local travel is one of the best ways we can support responsible tourism. In fact, we believe it so strongly that we’ve made it our entire business! All our tours are run by local experts, not some faceless corporate team located halfway around the world with no sense of the local vibe.
We craft our tours to ensure every traveller has authentic interactions with local people, businesses, transportation, and food and drink. Local travel gives you the opportunity to experience a destination as locals do, and has the potential to impact you in ways you never imagined. In short: local is awesome.
As a responsible travel company, we promise to:
- Use locally owned infrastructure on our tours whenever possible.
- Spread the financial benefits amongst local people and operators.
- Provide employment and leadership opportunities for local people.
- Respect local customs and culture.
- Provide safe tours for Urban Adventure partners, staff, and travellers.
- Educate travellers and our partners about how and why we choose to travel this way.
- Limit any negative impact to the daily lifestyles of local people.
- Limit any physical impact on natural and cultural environments.
- Provide support to organisations and local communities.
- Provide opportunities for travellers to interact with local people.
- Actively ban partners, staff, and passenger participation in or endorsement of commercial sexual activities or illegal drug use on Urban Adventures tours.
- Work to prevent the exploitation of children in tourism.
- Actively discourage participation in activities that exploit animals.
- Use local partners that adhere to Urban Adventures' responsible travel principles.
- Support and encourage fair employment practices.
- Give our travellers the best possible value.
- Have fun!
As a traveller, we ask that you keep the following in mind:
- People: Be mindful of the local citizens, and seek understanding through shared experiences. Consider their customs and values while in their homeland, and when in doubt, ask your guide for advice.
- Environment: Be mindful of the local environment, and act with conservation and sustainability in mind. Follow local guidelines, as recommended by your guide, and make proactive decisions on your own.
- Culture: When travelling to other cultures, remember that not everyone's customs are the same as yours at home. Be respectful, and be mindful of openly questioning a customary practice, even if you disagree with it. Try to understand from their perspective. You may learn something! Your guide will be an excellent point of reference here, so check with them if you're unsure.
- Economy: Make every effort to use local businesses and put your tourism dollars in the right (local) pocket. We use local vendors and businesses, and your guide will be able to advise you on the best ways to support the local economy.